Friday, May 1, 2015

BAM

Over the past month or so we have been working with an instructor from BAM in my English class.Sorry I can't not remember what what that stands for. Anyway our teachers name was McCray but asked us to call him WT and he was a nice guy. He taught us a few acting tricks and helped us prepare ourselves to preform excerpts from Midsummer Night Dream by William Shakespeare. We did exercises like Yosemite which is like Simon say but we used characters from the book to call out and action. We also did vocal exercises to warm up our voices to so that we could project them when preforming. My class preformed the Mechanicals part which the play within the play and I think we did pretty good. The other class did a scene where Lysander,Demetrius,Hermia and Helena were arguing. I really liked there's because the put an urban spin on it. When we visited BAM the building had cool structures and they feed us a lot of pizza and cupcakes which was nice. We also got the chance to play one last Yosemite with both classes put together and it was fun. When I entered Ms.Hegeman's English class I did not expect to be participating in an activity like Bam but I liked it. 

5 comments:

  1. I agree, BAM was not what I expected but it turned out good. I think our school did the best .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, BAM was not what I expected but it turned out good. I think our school did the best .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I miss playing Yosemite too. In the beginning I didn't want to be apart of BAM. In the end it wasn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best part about BAM was actually when our school performed, I also really enjoyed myself, I enjoyed the pizza and the cup cakes. Just wish we had a chance to say bye to W.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised your review is so positive. I thought you disliked the entire experience.

    ReplyDelete