Monday, June 8, 2015

Class response

In English we are watching TV show episodes and doing Socratic seminars afterwards to discuss different topics. Recently We just did  psychoanalysis Within American Horror Story. The Episode we watched was Anne Frank. I don't really see what psychoanalysis has to do with English so i'm having a hard time wanting to participating. First we go over the topic for the week then we watch the episode and the next day we prepare and usually on Fridays we do the Socratic seminar. I don't think we need a day to prepare because its not like it makes a difference when were doing the seminar. Inside of American Horror Story the boy Kit represses killing his girlfriend because he didn't' remember what happened and what he did remember he thought it was aliens. Doctor Kupor represents apart of psychoanalysis because he is obsessed death. He experiments with patients and his experiments cause his patients to live forever. Also in other episodes of  American Horror Story he is fond of one of the nuns at the facility and she influenced some of his sexual acts and actions which goes with Sigmund Freud theory. I missed Monday I missed the Socratic seminar  
on Monday So have to now write an essay but im not sure if i'm going to.

3 comments:

  1. I did not like this show. I really didn't see how it related to what we are learning. I've never watched American Horror story before and I don't think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I also don't understand what psychoanalysis has to do with English. So, its definitely giving me a hard time to participate but I still do to get a good grade, and still try to understand how they are related even though I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Horror story is a cool innovative show but very scary. I am glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete